Monday, March 24, 2014

I Have Faith

           I hope Gogol finds a woman, but I feel like with everyone he has tried to have a relationship with so far, he gets bored eventually and gives up. Either that, or he gives his attention to another problem. Examples are with Ruth, they were happy together, but when she left for her semester abroad, he started getting frustrated. When she wanted to go back, that was the last straw. He gave up on her and they started fighting, which caused them to break up. With Maxine, he was happy yet again. everything was smooth sailing and everything happened naturally, like they had with Ruth. At this point in to story, Gogol is at his most rebellious against his parents and doesn't talk to them or spend time with them unless he absolutely has to. When his father dies, all of that changes. He starts caring about his family again. He starts to spend time with them again. With this change he starts caring less about Maxine. He starts spending less time with her. Those relationships were made in the wake of Gogol's rebellion against his parents. This new relationship with Moushumi is different. It was made in a time when Gogol is not rebelling. This is why I think it may go differently. Gogol is no longer caring about avoiding his family and his heritage, so he has more room to care for Moushumi. As a result things may actually work out.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cameron!
    I totally agree with you! I think Gogol can't connect with people on a deeper level than just casual small talk. He even stoops to a level of having one night stands with a married woman. Also, I also agree with you when Gogol disobeys his parents, he finds the wrong love. However, when he does begin to obey his parent, he begins to find true love. I don't know if this relationship will work out but hopefully it will, after all the pain and suffering that he puts on himself. I really liked your blog and great job writing it!
    -Jackiesgap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, Cameron! I agree with you; I think that Gogol's relationship with Moushumi will turn out differently because he isn't rebelling, or trying to turn into someone new. He's truly himself around Moushumi. However, that said, I'm not sure if Moushumi is ready for commitment with Gogol. She seems to want to pack up her things and move back to Paris -- with or without Gogol. I hope she realizes Gogol is a good man with a big heart.
    -Marina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you as well. I believe that Gogol will have a greater chance of keeping a relationship going strong because he isn't rebelling and is connecting to his roots. Also, his mother approves of Moushumi because she is is Indian. Due to her support she should be able to help him out with any girl problems. He can also "vent" out his anger and maybe his mother will be able to help him out and understand Nikhil a lot more. I believe that this relationship will not only be beneficial for his love life but also his relationship with his mother and sister.

    ReplyDelete